Happy New Year! In the spirit of reflection, we wanted to provide an overview of our top accomplishments
- Lighthouse Introduced a New Carrier: Lighthouse acquired Louisiana-based insurance company, Excalibur National Insurance Company in May, and later re-launched as Lighthouse Excalibur Insurance Company in November. We also opened a new office location in Slidell.
- Agency Rewards: We recognized our top agencies and celebrated their success during our third annual Agency Rewards trip in November 2019. Qualifying agents and their guests enjoyed an all-inclusive, three-day experience hosted at the Loews Miami Beach Resort.
- Endorsement Processing: We upgraded our system to provide agents with easier and more efficient ways to process policy changes. For example, mortgage changes (and many other endorsements) on a policy, can now be processed in real-time with a declaration page immediately generated.
- Companion Policy Discount: We made changes to our underwriting guidelines to specifically allow our Companion Policy Discount to remain on an insured’s policy indefinitely.
- Central Alarm Certificates: It is now required for these certificates to be uploaded upon policy binding, instead of being obtained during the auditing process.
- Claims Tracker: We implemented a tech-savvy communication system that notifies policyholders throughout important steps of the claims process. Now, policyholders can opt-in to receive automated updates via email or phone/voicemail. Additionally, this year, we are enhancing our Claims Tracker system to include an option for text message updates.
- Continuous Product Development: We continue to enhance and improve current coverage options and provide other new and desirable options to our policyholders. Last year, we launched our Commercial Property Product in Louisiana. This year, in Louisiana, we plan to launch a new homeowners product and roll out our Commercial Business Owner’s Policy (BOP) Program shortly thereafter. Additionally, at the end of the year, we plan to introduce our Commercial Lines and BOP products in Texas.
We thank you for your partnership and support of the Lighthouse family in 2019. Our team is committed to offering you more opportunities and continuously improving service in the coming year!
Written by Maureen Gomez, Regional Sales Manager, Texas & Louisiana and Laura Crumpton, Regional Sales Manager, The Carolinas