With all the recent reports of severe flooding around the country, have you taken some time to talk about the importance of flood insurance with your consumers? Flood mapping has changed in recent years so a home that was not in a flood zone may now be in a flood zone. Nearly 25% of flood insurance claims are from people outside of the mapped high-risk flood areas,so even homes outside of high-risk zones are vulnerable. Because flood damage can be so devastating and expensive, it is so important for all homeowners to consider carrying. This quarter, we would like to remind you about flood coverage requirements and options with Lighthouse.
Lighthouse Property Insurance Corporation Flood Requirements
Lighthouse strongly recommends all consumers carry flood coverage.
- Risks located in a Special Hazard Zone (A or V zones) are required to have and maintain a flood policy on any dwelling insured with Lighthouse.
- Flood policy limits must be equal to or greater than the Lighthouse policy limits or be insured to the maximum flood limits.
- Agents should maintain copies of current flood declarations pages as policies renew to ensure the client maintains the necessary coverage.
- Lighthouse flood policies can be quoted and bound at the same time as a new business quote is written with Lighthouse. Simply look for the “Get a Flood Quote” button to begin a quote. This button will take you to our flood site and will carry over all information you have already entered.
- Lighthouse flood policies can also be written on existing business by clicking the “Get a Flood Quote” button at the bottom of an in force policy.
- Lighthouse flood policies can also be written directly with us at https://secure1.bintechpartners.com/lhpi.jsp by using the log-in information previously provided. If you have misplaced this information, please contact our flood department at LighthouseFlood@bintechpartners.com to obtain your log in credentials.
- Currently policies can be written to $250,000 for dwelling and $100,000 for contents. However, watch for updates coming soon as we will be opening for excess coverage as well.
The information provided here is only applicable to Lighthouse Property Insurance Corporation and should not be construed as guidelines or options available for general knowledge. For assistance with any of these applications, please contact your Lighthouse Property Insurance Corporation Marketing Representative.
Written by: Jennifer Vazquez, CPCU